- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 2 t. dry mustard
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. chili powder (for a spicy rub, add 1/4 t. chipotle chili powder).
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. fresh ground pepper
Mix spices thoroughly in a small bowl. Use immediately or store in an airtight jar with a lid in a cool, dry place.
- Rub on chicken, steak, or pork before grilling.
- Add 2 T to a pound of raw hamburger to give extra flavor to grilled burgers.
- Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons onto hot buttered popcorn.
- Place in a jar with a ribbon to give as a gift.