For the salad:
- 1 cup pecans (can sub walnuts)
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 tsp water
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 9 oz blueberries
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar (can sub apple cider or rice vinegar, with extra honey to taste)
- ½ lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 1 T honey
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Mix brown sugar, water, and pinch of salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the pecan in a nonstick pan on the stove over medium heat. Stirring constantly, toast nuts for 2-3 minutes, until they begin to brown slightly and smell nutty. Take the pan from the heat. Immediately pour the brown sugar and water mixture onto the warm nuts and stir to coat. Place the candied nuts onto a waxed paper or a plate and allow to cool.
- While the nuts are cooling, make the vinaigrette. Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and honey together in a medium sized bowl. Add salt and pepper, then whisk again. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Roughly chop the cooled candied pecan halves. Place the arugula, feta cheese, blueberries, and candied pecans in a large serving bowl. Toss with the desired amount of vinaigrette and serve.