For the salad:
- 4 cups butter lettuce (can sub other tender lettuce, such as spring mix or green leaf)
- 1 pint ripe strawberries
- 2 oz chevre (goat cheese)
- ¼ cup blanched, sliced almonds
For the vinaigrette
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar (can sub white balsamic)
- 2–3 T honey (start with 2 and taste for sweetness)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the sesame seeds in a dry pan over low heat. Toast, stirring often, until seeds just begin to turn brown. Remove pan from stove and set aside.
- Rinse and dry the lettuce and strawberries. Hull and quarter the strawberries. Place lettuce, berries, and almonds in a salad bowl. Crumble the chevre into small pieces and sprinkle on top of the salad.
- In a separate bowl, whisk oils, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper together until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in toasted sesame seeds.
- Pour vinaigrette onto salad (You may not use all of it; reserve an extra for another use) and toss.