- 8 cups of 1-inch cubes of chewy bread (French bread, panini, etc.)
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin puree (or a little less than 2 cups)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 T bourbon (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Cut or tear the bread into approximately 1-inch cubes and place in slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin puree and eggs together until smooth. Whisk in half and half, milk, sugars, syrup, bourbon if using, vanilla extract and spices until well combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over the bread cubes. Stir gently, just to make sure that all the bread cubes are coated with pumpkin mixture.
- Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on low for six hours.
- Place pudding into bowls. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream, if using.