- 2 T vegetable oil, divided
- 5 cups nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts in any combination)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 T apple juice or cider
- 4 T chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Optional sprinkle of spice to taste – smoked paprika, ancho or chipotle chili powder, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Pour 1 T of vegetable oil onto prepared baking sheet and rub all over to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Place nuts, syrup, brown sugar, apple juice, 1 T oil, and 2 T chopped rosemary into a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix ingredients thoroughly, dissolving the sugar and evenly coating the nuts with the glaze. Sprinkle 1 tsp salt on nuts and stir again.
- Place prepared nuts on baking sheet, spreading out into a single layer and place in pre-heated oven. Bake for 25 minutes, turning baking sheet halfway through to ensure even roasting.
- Remove roasted nuts from oven. Sprinkle remaining 2 T rosemary and another pinch of salt onto nuts and stir to keep the nuts from sticking to the foil. Allow nuts to cool before serving.