- Place pork roast on a roasting rack. Place rack in a rimmed baking pan.
- Stir olive oil, rosemary, minced garlic, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Rub rosemary/olive oil mixture over surface of roast on all sides/
- Using a sharp knife, cut deep slits into roast. Push the garlic slivers into the slits. Place roast in refrigerator for at least 4 and up to 24 hours.
- Remove roast from refrigerator to allow temperature to rise while pre-heating oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cook uncovered roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Lower heat to 250 degrees. Continue cooking for 6 to 8 hours, until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Cook roast for an additional 15 minutes to brown the meat. Remove roast from oven. Allow the meat to rest for 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with pan juices.
- 3 to 6 lb Boston Butt Pork Roast
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 T chopped fresh rosemary
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 T Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4–6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise