- Turkey breast or turkey parts, thawed
- 3 T fresh herbs, chopped fine (sage, rosemary, thyme recommended)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- Rinse the thawed turkey breast or parts with cool water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together herbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil. The results will be thick, almost like a paste.
- Rub the herb mixtures over the turkey. Place on a platter and put the turkey in the refrigerator, uncovered. Leave turkey in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Place the turkey on a rack in a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan and place in oven. (See post for suggested roasting times for various cuts and parts of turkey.)
- Roast until a thermometer placed in the thickest part of the breast shows an interior temperature of 165. When 165 is reached, remove pan from oven and allow the turkey to rest for 10 minutes before carving