- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 T honey
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 – 6 ounce salmon filets (thick filets, bones removed)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together olive oil, honey, lime juice and zest, minced garlic in a small bowl to create the marinade. Set aside. Rinse salmon pieces and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in a shallow baking pan. Sprinkle salmon generously with salt and pepper. Pour marinade over the salmon and let it rest for about 10 minutes. (Don’t refrigerate at this point).
- Sprinkle herbs and onions over the salmon. Place on the center rack preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145 or the thickest part of the filet feels somewhat firm.
- Remove baking dish from oven and allow to rest of about 5 minutes. Drizzle any cooking liquid that’s left in the pan over the top of the fish before serving.