- 3 large peaches, peeled and cut into 1 inch, half-moon slices
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced or diced
- 2–3 inches ginger root – peeled and sliced into ¼ inch coins
- 1 T fresh thyme leaves
- 6 chicken thighs, trimmed of visible fat
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Place 2 teaspoons olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, working in batches, sear chicken thighs on both sides until just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the same pan you used to sear the chicken. Saute the red onion for 3-4 minutes, until soft and semi-translucent.
- Place peaches in the bottom of the slow cooker. Layer ginger root and onion on top. Place chicken thighs on top of peaches, ginger, and onion. Sprinkle chicken with fresh thyme leaves. Put lid on the slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low, or 5 hours on high.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove approximately ½ of cup of the cooking liquid from the slow cooker and place in small bowl. Whisk cornstarch into liquid, making sure there are no lumps. Pour liquid back into the slow cooker. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine sauce, peaches, onions, and chicken, breaking up the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes, allowing sauce to thicken, before serving.