For the batter:
- ½ lb butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
To make one Hot Buttered Rum drink:
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) very hot apple cider or water
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) of batter
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) rum – for non-alcoholic version, replace rum with apple cider
To Make Hot Buttered Rum Mix
- Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to soften while preparing the batter.
- Melt butter on stove over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, removed the pan from the stove and stir in brown sugar, confectioner’s sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and, cloves into the melted butter. Add ice cream to bowl and stir again, until thoroughly combined.
- Store in refrigerator in a jar or closed container if using soon. Or store in freezer for up to 3 months.
To Make Hot Buttered Rum Beverage
- Place 2 ounces of rum and two ounces of hot buttered rum mix in a mug.
- Pour 6 ounces of very hot or boiling apple cider or water in the mug. Stir to combine and serve.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, dollop of whipped cream, or an additional sprinkle of ground nutmeg if desired.