- 2 lbs zucchini squash, peeled and cut into chunks (can leave peel on if you prefer)
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 T butter (substitute olive oil for vegan preparation)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8th tsp cayenne (leave it out if you don’t like spicy food)
- Place a large saucepan or pot on the stove over medium heat. Melt butter, then add zucchini, onions, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onion is translucent and soft.
- Place cooked vegetables, stock, and remaining spices into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- When the soup is cooked, use an immersion blender to create a puree. Alternatively, you can use a stand blender or food processor to puree in batches.
- Taste, adjust seasonings, and serve. Good hot or cold. Each serving equals 2 WW points.