- 3 quarts turkey broth or stock, store-bought or homemade* (See blog post for homemade stock tips.)
- 1.5 cups carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1.5 cups of celery, sliced
- 1 cup of onions, diced
- 2 T fresh parsley
- 2–3 cups leftover turkey meat
- 1–2 cups leftover cooked rice or noodles (optional)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Add broth, leftover turkey, carrots, celery, and onions to a large stockpot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add leftover turkey, parsley to pot, along with rice or noodles if using. Simmer soup for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Taste soup, add salt and pepper as desired, and serve.
- Soup will keep in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Frozen turkey soup will keep from 4 to 6 months.