- 1 tsp instant espresso powder in 6 oz hot water. (Can sub 6oz strong coffee or espresso)
- 3 T canned pumpkin
- 2 T real maple syrup
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup 2% milk
- Place espresso powder and 6oz hot water in a small pot on stove at medium-high temperature. Heat to dissolve espresso powder. (If using premade coffee or espresso, simply add 6 oz to the pan.)
- Stir pumpkin, syrup, spice, and vanilla into the pan with the coffee until completely combined. Heat to desired temperature. Turn off heat but leave coffee mixture on stove while preparing milk and foam
- Place ½ cup of milk in a pint sized or larger jar with a lid (if doubling the recipe to make 2 lattes, you’ll need a larger jar). Close the lid and shake the jar vigorously for about 90 seconds, until the milk about doubles in volume.
- Remove the lid from the jar. Place it immediately in the microwave and heat on high for 30 seconds. (If foam starts to spill over, stop the microwave, allow foam to settle briefly, then continue cooking. You may need to do this more than once.
- Pour the coffee mixture into a mug. Add the hot milk from the jar, stirring into coffee. Spoon the foam onto the latte and enjoy! (You may want to add a sprinkle of cinnamon or cocoa powder on top for a garnish.)