- 3 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 2 pounds fresh sliced strawberries, tops removed (about 6 cups)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 t. cornstarch
- 1 cup Kodiak Almond Poppy Seed Power Cakes Flapjacks & Waffle Mix
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 T sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix cornstarch in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Place rhubarb and strawberries in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-low heat. Pour sugar and cornstarch/water mixture over fruit. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to distribute sugar evenly over fruit.
- Simmer fruit over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until fruit becomes soft and syrupy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place Kodiak baking mix, 2 T sugar, and beaten egg in small bowl. Using a fork, mix thoroughly to create a fairly stiff dough. (If needed, add one or two teaspoons of water to get dough to hold together.)
- Pour cooked strawberry rhubarb filling into an 8×8 glass baking dish or oven proof casserole dish. Divide biscuit topping into 6 equal portions and place on top of filling.
- Place baking dish in hot oven for 20 minutes, until biscuit topping is cooked to a golden brown. Filling will be very hot, so allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.