- 12 ounces corn tortilla chips, divided
- 1 jar chunky salsa or pico de gallo, divided
- 2 cups low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can non-fat refried beans, divided
- 1 lb cooked, shredded chicken breast, divided (see blog post for instructions)
- 1 medium avocado, cut into small chunks
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
*Optional additions – lightly sauteed onions, green or red peppers. 3 T sliced black olives. Sliced or minced fresh jalapeno. Juice of one fresh lime, squeezed over top just before serving. Additional salsa for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a rimmed baking pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Layer half the tortilla chips on the baking pan. Dot with half of the salsa, cheese, chicken, and beans. Layer the rest of the chips on top and top with the remaining salsa, cheese, chicken, beans. (If using, add sauteed veggies or jalapenos at this time.)
- Place baking pan on rack in the center of preheated oven. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle avocado, tomato and cilantro over the top. Dot the nachos with small dollops of the low-fat sour cream. (Add olives or lime juice if using). Serve and enjoy!