- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly slices
- 2 green peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- Salsa (your choice)
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 small avocados, seeded and sliced
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 recipe marinade (see below)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1½ T chili powder
- ¼ to ½ t chipotle chili powder (more if you like it spicier)
- 2 t onion powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 2 t. fresh minced garlic
- 1½ t salt
- ¼ t pepper
- Prepare marinade. Mix olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and all spices in a small bowl.
- If using whole chicken breasts instead of tenders, slice breasts into strips and place in to a large bowl or pan. Pour marinade over chicken, stir to thoroughly coat each piece of chicken. Cover chicken and place in refrigerator to marinade for at least one hour and up to four hours.
- Slice onions and peppers, toss with 1 T olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Cook on the grill or oven roast ahead of time. (See instructions on oven grilling vegetables in blog post.) When vegetables are ready, set aside.
- Cook marinated chicken strips or tenders on grill until thoroughly cooked (interior temperature should be 165 degrees). This will take about 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on the grill temperature.
- Remove chicken from grill. Serve with tortillas, vegetables, salsa, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocados, and fresh lime.