- 1 ½ pounds of fresh, wild-caught salmon, cut into 4 pieces (Choose a thick filet from the body, not the tail.)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 ½ T mustard, Dijon on Coarse style
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 or 2 culinary cedar planks, soaked in water for at least one hour or up to four hours
- Preheat grill
- Rinse salmon filets with water. Pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle salmon generous with Kosher salt. Grind some fresh pepper over the top.
- Brush mustard evenly over the top of each salmon filet. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the top of each filet.
- Place soaked culinary cedar plank on preheated grill for 3 to 5 minutes, until plank chars slightly. Flip plank over and place prepared salmon filet on top. Close grill lid.
- Grill salmon to an internal temperature of 145 degrees, or until center is cooked and filet feels slightly firm when pressed.