- 5 cups white flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1.5 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup brown sugar (can sub white sugar)
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking pans or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt. Set aside.
- In medium sized bowl, mix together vegetable oil, eggs, pumpkin, and sugars. Whisk until thick and smooth. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Stir apple and pecans into batter to distribute. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Place filled bread pans on center rack of preheated oven. Bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean – approximately 90 minutes for full-sized loaves, 50-60 minutes for mini loaves, 25-30 minutes for muffins.