- 16 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1 T olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 12 oz frozen, shredded hash browns (about half a large bag – do not thaw before cooking)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- If cooking and serving immediately, preheat oven to 350. If not, prepare through Step 4 and cook later.
- Place tomatoes, spinach, and olive oil in a cast iron or oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook about -3-5 minutes, until spinach is completely wilted and tomatoes are soft. Set aside.
- Place chopped bacon in cast iron or oven proof skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked and crispy. Remove cooked bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain. Leave rendered bacon grease in pan.
- Place frozen hash brown in pan. Fry in the bacon grease until cooked and browned. (Pro Tip: After putting hash browns in pan, let them cook for at least 2-3 minutes before first turning. This will give you a crispier texture.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove skillet from stove. Layer cooked veggies and bacon on top of cooked, seasoned hash browns. (At this point, if you’re not ready to serve, you can put the pan in the refrigerator and add the eggs about 15-20 minutes before you want to eat.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl with a little water and salt and pepper to taste. Scramble with fork or whisk. Pour egg mixture evenly over the skillet. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
- Place skillet on lower rack of a 350 degree oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until eggs are set and slightly puffed.