- 2 quarts chicken stock (canned, boxed, bouillon, or homemade)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (fresh or canned)
- 2 cups peeled, sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery (you can use other veggies. Mix and match to your liking!)
- 2 cups cooked rice (cooked macaroni, spaghetti, or other pasta works too.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, peel, and slice your vegetables.
- Put chicken stock in large pot over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil, the reduce heat low.
- Add vegetables to stock. Simmer for 30 minutes. (Root vegetables – such as carrots, celery, onions, or parsnips can be added immediately of cooking. Other, more delicate vegetables – such as peas or mushrooms – should be added in the last 5 minutes of cooking so they don’t get too mushy.)
- Add cooked rice or pasta to soup and heat through. Taste soup. Add salt or pepper as necessary.