- 5 lbs tomatoes
- 1 T grated fresh ginger
- 2.5 cups real maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 T red pepper flakes
- Seed and dice tomatoes, approximately ½ inch dice.
- Add diced tomatoes, grated ginger, syrup, cinnamon, cloves, salt, lime juice, salt, and red pepper flakes to a heavy bottomed stock pot. Stir to combine.
- Place pot on stove. Bring the ingredients to a boil, then lower heat and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until jam reaches desired thickness consistency, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn on the bottom. (Amount of time will vary depending on heat level and desired thickness of jam, anywhere from 90 minutes to three and a half hours.)
- Remove pot from stove. Allow jam to cool and thicken before tasting.