- 2 cups cooked rice, white or brown
- 2 T butter, divided
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 4 scallions, white and pale green parts of the stalk, sliced thinly
- 1 T fresh minced herbs (dill, thyme, sage, oregano, cilantro, parsley – or a mixture)
- 1 lemon
- ½ tsp lemon pepper seasoning (Optional. Can also sub extra pepper and tsp of lemon zest, added with the scallions)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 1 T butter in a large, shallow pan on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Add almonds to melted butter and saute for 2 minutes. Add sliced scallions and cook for an additional 2 minutes, until scallions are slightly softened.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Add cooked rice, minced herbs, and an additional 1 T of butter to the pan, cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring to combine ingredients and heat rice through.
- Squeeze juice from one-half of the lemon over the pilaf, sprinkle in salt, pepper, and lemon pepper if using, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more lemon juice if desired or additional seasonings.