- 1 cup pureed beets (can substitute pureed carrots if desired)
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 2 T tahini
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Place pureed beets, chickpeas, tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and garlic in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse a few times, just to combine ingredients.
- Pour olive oil to chickpea mixture in a slow stream while food processor is on, blending until the ingredients are well combined and the hummus is completely smooth.
- Serve hummus with crudites or crackers and a sprinkle of sesame seed on the top for garnish.
- Store unused hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.