- 4 large apples (Honeycrisp or Granny Smith), about 2 lbs, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup Litehouse brand Low Fat Caramel Dip
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup white flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 T cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped (Can substitute walnuts, hazelnuts, or leave out entirely.)
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place peeled, sliced apples into large bowl. Put caramel dip into glass bowl and microwave for about thirty seconds to soften. Pour warm caramel into apples and stir with a large spoon or spatula to distribute. Set aside.
- Stir together oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Place cold butter pieces into bowl. Use a pastry cutter, fork, or two knives to cut butter into oat mixture until the butter looks like pea-sized crumbs. Stir in chopped nuts, if using.
- Place caramel apple mixture into an 8×8 baking pan. (Note: if you decide to double or triple the recipe, you’ll need larger pan) Spread oat mixture over the top. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and your kitchen is filled with the mouth-watering smell of baked apples and buttery caramel. Yum!
- Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle a few grains of Kosher salt over the top of the crisp. (Don’t overdo it! Just a few grains!)
Enjoy Salted Caramel Apple Crisp as is or served with vanilla ice cream, a dollop of vanilla yogurt, a drizzle of cream, or an extra teaspoon of the leftover caramel dip.