- 20 oz chopped fresh kale (about 8 cups)
- ½ large red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 T olive oil
- ½ cup half and half
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 6 oz shredded good quality real parmesan cheese, divided (about 2 cups total)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cook onion on stovetop in olive oil in large skillet or wok over medium high heat until onion is soft and translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add chopped kale to pan and cook until soft and well wilted. Lower heat to medium.
Add low fat cream cheese and half and half to pan. Stir with spatula to create a creamy sauce. Add half the of shredded parmesan and stir until well combined with sauce and vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place kale mixtures into a lightly greased, ovenproof casserole. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes to meld flavors and melt cheese.