- 1 large fennel bulb, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 bunch radishes, halved
- 1 bunch small carrots (or large carrots, cut into sticks)
- 1 kohlrabi bulb, peeled and sliced
- 1 large orange, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T olive oil.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ T honey
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T capers
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, capers, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper in small saucepan over medium heat. While preparing the vegetables, bring sauce to a low boil and simmer until the slightly thickened and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Line a sheet pan with foil. Place prepared vegetables on sheet pan. Drizzle with oil, then use your hands to make sure all the vegetables are coated with oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Cut the chicken into four pieces. Pound pieces so they are flattened to approximately one inch thick.
- Divide the thickened sauce, pouring half into a small bowl and set aside. Dip chicken pieces into sauce. Place chicken on top of vegetables, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Pour the remaining sauce over the vegetables and chicken.
- Place sheet pan in preheated oven. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until vegetables are soft and beginning to brown slightly on the edges and the interior temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables on four plates, drizzle each serving with the set aside sauce.