- 1lb 98% lean ground chicken
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (can substitute parsley)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup sauteed red onions
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese (can substitute your favorite cheese)
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Condiments of your choice
- Place ground chicken in a medium sized bowl. Add cilantro, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper. Use a wooden spoon or your hands to mix together thoroughly. Form chicken mixture into four patties.
- Place chicken patties onto a pre-heated grill. Cook about 5 minutes on both sides, or until cooked through and the interior temperature reaches 165. Top each burger with a slice of cheese during the last minute or two so it can melt.
- Place cooked chicken burgers on the buns. Top each burger with one-fourth of the grilled onions, a slice of cooked bacon, lettuce, and the condiments of your choice.