- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, whisk sugar and eggs together until thick and creamy looking. Slowly pour in milk, whisking to combine.
- Add extract and cinnamon, mix thoroughly. Stir in coconut, raisins or dried fruit of choice, and rice. Stir to combine.
- Grease a medium sized ovenproof baking pan or casserole. Pour pudding mixture into dish. Place pudding dish into a larger ovenproof baking pan. Fill larger dish with water so it comes about halfway up the sides of the smaller pudding casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 60 minutes, until the pudding is set and wiggles only slightly when the casserole is shaken. (Cook time may vary depending on depth of casserole dish)
- Serve hot or allow to cool. Add an extra dash of cinnamon if you like. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- ½ t vanilla or almond extract (I prefer almond)
- ¼ cup coconut (optional)
- 1/3 cup raisins or chopped dried fruit (I like dried apricots on cranberries too)
- 1 ½ cups cooked white rice