- 4–6 cups boiled or steamed rice
- 1 14-oz can black beans, drained
- 1–2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1–2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup green salsa
- ¼ cup red salsa
- 4 oz Queso Fresca, crumbled
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced thin, white and pale green parts only
For turkey taco filling…
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 T McCormick’s taco seasoning (can sub other brands)
- 1/3 cup water
- After cooking, keep the rice warm.
- Prepare all the remaining ingredients except the turkey taco filling. Place individual ingredients in appropriately sized bowls and arrange on the board. Leave two large bowls, one for the rice and one of the turkey filling, empty on the board.
- Place olive oil in pan on stove over medium high heat. Add diced onion and green pepper, cook about 3-4 minutes, until onion is translucent and pepper is beginning to soften.
- Add ground turkey to pan and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat with spatula or wooden spoon and mixing with the onion and pepper, until there is no pink in the turkey meat. Add water to the pan. Stir the mixture, simmering until the liquid is nearly but not entirely evaporated.
- Spoon cooked turkey taco filling and hot rice into the serving bowls reserved for them. Bring the finished board to the table and allow people to choose and enjoy their preferred ingredients.