- 1.5 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails removed
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T siracha sauce
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (fresh is preferred but can substitute canned)
- 1 medium shallot or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 fresh lime
- 2 ears of corn, boiled with kernels cut from the cob (optional but delicious!)
- Cilantro Creama sauce or prepared salsa of your choice (see blog post for suggestions)
- 12 corn or flour tortillas, wrapped in foil and warmed in oven prior to serving
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. On one side of the baking sheet, toss shrimp together with chili powder, minced garlic, soy sauce, siracha, and one tablespoon of olive oil. Spread into a single layer on one side of the baking sheet.
- One the other side of the baking sheet, toss pineapple and chopped shallot or sweet onion together with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Spread onto the other half of pan.
- Place sheet pan in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until shrimp is cooked. Turn on the oven broiler and broil for an additional 2 minutes, until pineapple just begins to char.
- Remove pan from oven. Squeeze juice of one lime over the pan. Toss shrimp and pineapple/shallot mixture together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the shrimp and pineapple mixture in warm tortillas, topped with bottled cilantro creama or your favorite salsa, and a spoonful of the fresh corn kernels.