- 1.5 lbs yellow potatoes, such as Yukon gold, unpeeled and cut into 1–2 inch chunks
- ½ cup fine chopped red onion
- 3 green onions, sliced, white and green
- 4 boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 T minced fresh dill
- 1/3 cup yogurt cheese or plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (light or regular)
- ¼ cup dill relish
- 1 T mustard
- 1 T prepared horseradish
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Place a large pot of well salted water on the stove and bring to a boil. Cook about 10 minutes, until the potatoes pierce easily with a fork but aren’t mushy. The time may vary depending on how large or small your potato chunks, so check it every few minutes.
- Remove the boiled potatoes from the stove, drain off the liquid, and set aside until cool. Place them in the refrigerator to speed the process.
- Place the cooled potatoes, red and green onion, boiled eggs, and chopped fresh dill in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt cheese or Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, dill relish, mustard, horseradish, white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to make the dressing. Pour dressing over the set aside potato salad and mix thoroughly, using a large wooden spoon or spatula.