- 2 cups fresh cherries, stemmed and pitted
- 3 T slivered almonds
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 T brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T Grand Marnier liqueur (can substitute Amaretto, Cointreau, or 1 tsp almond extract)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 T powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray and shallow ceramic or glass baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle almonds and cherries into the baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, which together eggs, white and brown sugars until thick. Sift flour and salt into mixture and whisk to create a thick, smooth batter.
- Add milk, vanilla extract, and liqueur to batter and whisk to combine. Pour batter into baking dish over cherries and almonds.
- Place baking dish into preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. (Clafoutis may puff up on the edges but the middle might not. Center should be set and the top golden brown.)
- Remove baking dish from oven. Allow to cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of the clafoutis and serve.