- 2 lbs strawberries, washed, stemmed, and sliced
- 18 oz blueberries, washed
- ½ cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 store bought angel food cake, cut into chunks
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding (or same amount instant lemon pudding)
- 2 cups lemon flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 T lemon juice
- 8 oz whipped topping
- Place the sliced strawberries in a medium sized bowl. Toss with ¼ cup powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Place the blueberries in a medium sized bowl. Toss with ¼ cup powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Use an electric beater or whisk to mix the milk and instant pudding together for about two minutes. Let it sit until set, about five minutes.
- Stir Greek yogurt and lemon juice into pudding mixture with a spatula to combine. Fold in whipped topping. Set approximately ¼ of the filling aside in a small dish, to top off the trifle after you make the layers.
- Place half the angel food cake chunks into the bottom of a trifle dish or glass bowl. Cover the cake with half of the large portion of filling. Layer the blueberries over the filling. Layer half of the strawberries over blueberries. Repeat the cake and filling layer. Top with the remaining strawberries and the reserved quarter cup of filling.
- Place trifle into refrigerator until ready to serve.