12 oz whole wheat spaghetti (0 WW purple points)
12 oz skinless turkey breast meat (0 WW purple points
8 oz sliced mushrooms (0 WW purple points)
½ cup diced white onion (0 WW purple points)
2 T butter, divided (10 purple points)
1 t. dried sage (0 WW purple points)
1/2 cup nonfat chicken broth (0 WW purple points)
1 10.5 oz can Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup (8 WW purple points)
1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (preferably strained for 2 hours)
2 T dry sherry (1 WW purple points)
¾ cup frozen peas (0 WW purple points)
Salt and pepper to taste (0 WW purple points)
3/8 cup of Italian breadcrumbs (6 WW purple points)
3 oz grated Parmesan cheese (12 WW purple points)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Boil water for spaghetti and cook according to package directions.
- In large saucepan, melt 1 T butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes, then add mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add 1 T chicken broth to pan. Continue cooking until mushrooms are soft and beginning to release liquid.
- Add turkey meat and dried sage to pan, stir to combine, and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add cream of mushroom soup, yogurt, sherry, and ¼ cup chicken broth to pan.
- Stir cooked spaghetti into pan. Turn heat to low. Allow dish to simmer for about five minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can add more chicken broth or an additional T of sherry if the mixture seems too dry.
- Stir in frozen peas and cook for about a minute. Pour turkey/vegetable mixture into an ovenproof, 9 x 13 casserole dish. Set aside.
- Melt 1 T butter in small saucepan, stir in breadcrumbs until evenly coated with butter. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and cheese evenly over top of the casserole.
- Place casserole in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
Keywords: fall food, turkey, leftovers, christmas, dinner, pasta