- 1 package (4 links) Aidell’s All Natural Chicken and Apple Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1–2 Granny Smith Apples, cored and sliced thin (can peel if you like)
- 1–2 Green Peppers, diced or sliced
- 1–2 Red Onion, diced or sliced
- 1–2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T chopped fresh herbs of your choice – parsley, cilantro, thyme, etc. (optional)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or apple juice (can also mix the two)
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers, stir and fry until the vegetables just begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add sliced apples to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until apples are very soft, another 3-5 minutes.
- Add sliced sausage to the pan and cook, the mixture another 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until sausage is warmed through.
- Sprinkle herbs over mixture (if using). Add salt and pepper. Add vinegar or apple juice to pan. Bring liquid to a boil for 1-2 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Spoon unto plates, either alone or over rice, and serve.