- 1 medium to large red tomato, cut into four slices
- 2 medium to large yellow tomatoes, cut into four slices, 8 total
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- 1 medium zucchini squash, sliced lengthwise, ¼ inch thick
- 2 balls fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese, each cut into 6 slices, 12 total
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, salt, and a few grinds of fresh pepper together in a shallow casserole one pie plate.
- Place zucchini ribbons in oil and vinegar, turn each slice to coat on both sides. Marinade zucchini for 30 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from pan, reserving marinade. Cook zucchini slices on hot grill, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Thread tomatoes, zucchini, basil, and cheese onto a skewer, alternating ingredients to highlight the different colors and flavors. When skewering zucchini, fold it back and forth a few times to create a ribbon pattern.
- Drizzle reserved marinade over stacks. Sprinkle with a little more salt and a few more grinds of pepper. Serve.