- 6 oz. cooked ham, ¼ inch diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and ¼ inch diced (about 1 cup of diced apple)
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 4 scallions, white and pale green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 can of Jumbo or sized unbaked refrigerator biscuits (Pillsbury “Grands” or similar, 8 biscuits in can)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine diced ham, apple, shredded cheese, and sliced scallions in to a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the can. Place a biscuit on a floured surface and roll into a circle that is six-inches in diameter. Place about a quarter cup of the ham mixture onto the rolled-out dough. Fold the dough over the filling, stretching and pinching the dough edges together with your finger, leaving a border of dough. Press the tines of a fork around the dough border, sealing the dough. Repeat with the remaining seven biscuits and the rest of the filling.
- Place the unbaked hand pies onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until the crust is beginning to turn golden brown.
- Remove tray from oven and let the hand pies cool somewhat before eating (take care as the filling will be hot!) Leftover hand pies can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Can be reheated or eaten cold.